About the Horizons Program
The Horizons Programs offer a self-paced, independent learning environment using both computer and paper-based programs for students in grades eight to twelve. The program also offers creative opportunities to advance personal growth and self-exploration through community fine arts program, a community fitness program and career preparation seminars. These programs allow students the opportunity for flexible scheduling to meet the studentsí individual educational, emotional and/or behavioural needs. The student, in consultation with the staff, create their own academic program within the B.C. Ministry of Education curricular guidelines.
A MINIMUM GRADE 7 READING LEVEL IS DESIRABLE
- Students looking for an alternative or accelerated program.
- Youth experiencing difficulty at Chatelech, Elphinstone or Pender Harbour Secondary School.
- Youth who have been out of school for more than a year.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS THE PROGRAM?
- Students presently enrolled at Chatelech, Elphinstone or Pender Harbour Secondary School must complete a screening process where school personnel will recommend placement dependent on individual need. Contact the school principal, or counselor at:
604-883-2727 (Pender Harbour)
- Students not enrolled at Chatelech or Elphinstone Secondary School must complete a screening process which determines suitability to this learning program or recommends placement in another educational program or community service. Please phone the school office at 604-885-0127.